A few helpful tips after you have a house fire, Antioch, Ca Contra Costa County
A house fire can be very scary and traumatizing to most people. A mixture of emotions wondering what to do next and how to get it done. First thing to do is to take a deep breath and know that there are services to help tackle the recovery process of your home and belongings. We have put together a list of some simple steps to do and be aware of after a fire.
- Review with authorities such as police and fire departments as to when it’s safe to enter the home after the fire. The fire should be completely extinguished, and precautionary measures taken to make sure the structure is deemed “safe” to enter.
- Know who to contact. First call your homeowners insurance carrier and advise them of the situation. A claim number will be provided to you along with contact information to a claim representative to assist you. Next contact a cleanup company such as SERVPRO of Antioch. We can efficiently and professionally assist you with the process from the cleaning to the reconstruction.
- Make sure your property is secure. On most occasions the fire department will contract with a company to board up any broken windows or unlockable doors. When a property is not secure its possible it could be robbed for remaining property or another individual becoming injured on the property.
- Begin the cleanup process. Interior and exterior damage will most likely occur and need to be addressed. You should always hire a professional company like SERVPRO of Antioch to do a thorough cleaning of the structure and personal property of all soot, smoke, and odor.
- SERVPRO of Antioch can be reached at 925-706-0106 24/7
With these few steps facing a house fire might be a little more manageable.